Saturday, January 17, 2009

Our Little Man is turning 4!!



I cannot believe that 4 years ago Alex was just entering our lives. The past four years have gone by so quickly. I remember when I first had him and everyone telling me "oh it goes so fast" and I kind of let it go in one ear and out the other. And boy were they right. In a blink of an eye a little 5 lb baby who needed me for everything has definitely became our little man. Today we had a great day celebrating with family and some close friends Alex turning 4. Watching him run around with his cousins, blow out his candles, and open his presents was such a job. After opening every card, before evening ripping open the paper, he turned to the person and said thank you with a great big smile. Over the past four years Alex has taught me so much and continues to teach me things daily. He is a caring, compassionate little guy who definitely has a sense of humor like his dad. From playing tricks and telling jokes to snuggling up on the couch for a book he has definitely become the most important thing in my life. I cannot believe how fast these past four years have gone. I think of all the things he has learned and how he has become so independent. I can only imagine what the next four years will bring. I look forward to those years but will also miss these past four years. I fear one day he will not crawl up on my lap and let me hold him. I always ask him "Alex when you are 16 can I still hold you on my lap?" and of course he says "no mommy I will be too big, so I will hold you!" And it makes me smile!! I will post more pictures of our weekend before too long!!!

No comments:

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones